3 Minors Charred To Death At Home As Fire Breaks Out In MP’s Bhind, 4 Injured

Three minors, including two girls, got charred to death in a fire that broke out at a house in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind district on Saturday. Four others also got injured in the fire, and two of them are in critical condition, a police official said while talking to the news agency PTI. It is suspected that leakage of liquified petroleum gas (LPG) while cooking led to the fire. A 4-year-old boy, his sister, aged 10 years, and their 5-year-old cousin sister were the ones who lost their lives in this incident.

Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Rajesh Rathore, while talking to PTI, said that the incident occurred at Danekapura village under Gormi police station limits. He further said that the house owner Akhilesh Rajput and his wife suffered serious injuries. They were referred to Gwalior for treatment. The deceased were grandchildren of the house owner.

SDOP Rathore said that Akhilesh’s daughter-in-law and daughter who also got injured are being treated at Gormi Health Centre.

A forensic team has been called to inspect the site of the incident and ascertain the exact cause of the fire.

In another incident, twenty newborn babies were rescued after a fire broke out at a hospital in west Delhi’s Vaishali Colony in the early hours of Friday, said the fire department. At least nine fire tenders of the Delhi Fire Service had reached the spot to put out the fire and rescue all 20 newborns. They were then shifted to nearby hospitals. The fire broke out in the basement of the building which was a ground-plus-three-storey structure. No casualty was reported. 

According to ANI, Atul Garg the Director of the Delhi Fire Service said that around 1:35 am, they received a call about a fire in a hospital. After sending four fire tenders they got a call to send more as the lanes were narrow, thereafter the fire was extinguished and the children were rescued and sent to different hospitals.