Delhi Police detains UPSC aspirants protesting in the Old Rajinder Nagar area demanding an extra attempt for the exam. These aspirants are demanding an extra attempt from the last two years.
“We lost attempts amid Covid as we couldn’t prepare that’s why we want extra attempts. These extra attempts were given to students appearing for other exams”, Aspirants said.
”The group had applied for NOC/permission to protest. However, the same was rejected. Announcements were made using loud hailers asking the protesters to disperse.” DCP Central dist Shweta Chauhan said.
”At this, the group became aggressive and started raising slogans against DoPT. Despite repeated attempts to assuage the protestors, they continued to hold their ground. They arranged for mattresses and began a sit-in protest in the presence of media.” DCP Central dist added.
”Subsequently, additional staff was called and the protestors including women were removed from the protest site. About 40 protestors were detained at PS Rajender Nagar under DP Act and later on released.” She added.
- According to DCP Central district Shweta Chauhan, About 40 protestors were detained at PS Rajender Nagar under DP Act and later on released.
- Aspirants told ABP Live that they are planning another protest at Connaught Place, Delhi.
- Aspirants are seeking an extra attempt and age relaxation because their preparation got affected due to Covid.
- Aspirants request the government to take a lenient view and give them one chance to fulfill their dreams.
- The parliamentary committee report recommended that these aspirants should be given extra chances.
Why UPSC Aspirants Are Protesting?
UPSC and other government exam aspirants are seeking an extra attempt and age relaxation whose preparation got affected due to Covid-19. While speaking to the news agency ANI, a protestor, who introduced herself as Garima, said that SSC (GD) and Agniveer aspirants were provided extra attempts to clear the exams, considering the pandemic but the government has ignored the dreams of UPSC aspirants.
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI