The Parliament is set to resume at 11 am with renewed Opposition demands for a discussion on the latest India-China clashes in Arunachal Pradesh. Meanwhile, sources said the ongoing Winter Session may end this Friday, a week ahead of schedule. The Rajya Sabha witnessed chaos yesterday over Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge’s remark against BJP, questioning its role in the freedom struggle.
Here are the Live Updates from Parliament Winter Session:
Get NDTV UpdatesTurn on notifications to receive alerts as this story develops.
Rajya Sabha Agenda Today
- Matters of Public Importance to be raised during Zero Hour (11 am to 12 Noon)
- Congress MP Rajeev Shukla to raise concern over increased drone sightings along Indo-Pak border
- BJP MP Brij Lal to raise concern over deteriorating law and order situation in Punjab
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman will reply to the debate in Rajya Sabha on Appropriation Bills at around 2 pm. She is expected to respond to the questions raised on state of the Indian Economy by several opposition MPs.
- The Maritime Anti-Piracy Bill, 2022 (The Bill seeks to make special provisions for repression of piracy on high seas and to provide for punishment for the offence of piracy)
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Second Amendment) Bill, 2022 (The Bill seeks to further amend the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 to modify the list of Scheduled Tribes in Tamil Nadu)
As many as 12 Opposition Parties led by former Congress president Sonia Gandhi will stage a protest near the Gandhi Statue in Parliament complex around 10:15 AM, demanding a discussion on the latest India-China clashes in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tawang.
Featured Video Of The Day
Kolkata Lights Up To Celebrate Christmas, New Year