The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been the quintessential Indian car for over two decades, and over the years, we have seen multiple iterations of it. Right now, the existing model sold in India is the Alto 800, which was been rebadged as just the Alto, whereas the Alto K10 was discontinued a few years ago. The car is equally popular in the used car market as well, and if you are looking for an entry-level car for a reasonably lower price then you should consider going for a used Maruti Suzuki Alto. But before you start looking for one, here are some pros and cons you should know about.
The newer Altos also come with a company-fitted CNG kit which returns over 31 km/kg
- The Alto has been the ideal choice for anyone looking for an entry-level car. It’s compact, gets peppy engines, and is a great city car. Plus, you have the support of Maruti Suzuki’s strong service network.
- The Alto also offers great fuel efficiency with the petrol Alto 800 offering up to 22.05 kmpl. The newer Altos also come with a company-fitted CNG kit which returns over 31 km/kg.
- The used car market has a tonne of options when it comes to the Maruti Suzuki Alto. So, no shortage of choices. Depending on the model year and condition, you can get one for around Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is quite basic when it comes to fit and finish and quality.
- The Maruti Suzuki Alto is quite basic when it comes to fit and finish and quality. The plastics and materials used inside are also quite mediocre. Overall things don’t feel very sturdy.
- Features like a touchscreen infotainment system with SmartPlay Studio are only offered with the top-end trims of the newer Alto. So, if that’s a priority, then you’ll have very few options.
- The Alto is not that impressive when it comes to safety features. Even the new model only gets a driver-side airbag, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and seatbelt reminder. The older models will have lesser features.